Call me today for a 15 minute consultation
David R. Hartwig, Esq.
Family Law & Divorce
Attorney & Counselor at Law
Veteran Military Discount

Helping You Through Shared Parenting

Shared parenting is the collaborative effort you and your former spouse or partner arrange as parents after your relationship ends. Utah divorce courts require a parenting plan as part of a divorce decree, so you need to ensure that the needs of your children are met, and your rights as a parent are upheld.

Shared parenting and a parenting plan are the legal concepts that encompass the following:

  • Child custody and custody modifications
  • Child support and support modifications
  • Enforcing orders

As a family law attorney with more than 30 years of experience, I am ready to provide you with honest advice and responsive help. My time in practice has given me intimate knowledge of the law and poise in high-stress situations like the disagreements you may face over your children during divorce.

Why The Process Matters To Parents

Utah courts assume today that each parent is entitled to half of the parental responsibilities over their children. While this is the fairest to you as parents, it may not be what is actually right for your children.

The truth is that an equally shared experience may not be what is in the best interests of your children, and you will have to work hard in court to prove this. As your attorney, I am ready to fight the complex and emotional battles to protect you and your children. I am committed to doing what is right for you both in the immediate legal proceedings and in the future.

A Plan For The Future Starts With Action Today

Many parents run into problems with shared parenting after divorce because plans for specific situations in the future are not spelled out. As your lawyer, I will help you anticipate plans for the future as your children grow and your lifestyle changes after divorce so your parenting plan is effective and enforceable.

To protect your rights as a parent, call my Salt Lake City office at 801-833-0822 or send me an email. I offer a 15-minute consultation.