Call me today for a free 15 minute consultation 801-833-0822
David R. Hartwig, Esq.
Family Law & Divorce Attorney & Counselor at Law Veteran Military Discount

Modifying Orders & Post-Divorce Services

More than 30 years of experience in guiding Utah families in tough times

When a divorce is finalized in Utah, there are many smaller agreements included in the order to dissolve the marriage. Child custody and support, spousal support, property division, retirement accounts and many other issues create ongoing obligations that are determined based on the circumstances that exist at the time of the divorce.

Some of these commitments cannot be changed once the divorce is finalized - but others can: custody, visitation (or parenting time), support and alimony may be changed if the circumstances of the spouses change to a sufficient degree.

Knowledge and experience in modifying divorce settlements and orders

The requirements for making modifications to a divorce agreement are very specific and can become quite complicated. Having an experienced divorce attorney helping you can make the process go more smoothly and greatly improve your chances of success. Contact me, a lawyer based in Salt Lake City who can assist with modifications of court orders.

Since 1984, I have helped clients throughout the state make changes to their agreements in order to better suit their current circumstances. As a solo practitioner, I provide personalized, respectful service to every client I serve and return all phone calls promptly, most within one business day.
I help clients with modifications of court orders changes in your life, including:

  • Child custody
  • Child support
  • Parent-time
  • Visitation
  • Alimony
  • Spousal support
  • Parental relocation

I am also able to assist when you are having problems enforcing an order of custody/parent-time, or to pay child support or alimony, in both simple and high-conflict domestic cases.

A lawyer you can rely on in UT

Modifications require "a material change in circumstances" to be successful, and the court has minimum criteria that must be met. Contact me, David R. Hartwig, Esq., an attorney who can assist with the modification of child support and custody awards. I will discuss the merits of your case and show you all the ways I can help.

Contact Me

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Review Us